Monday, September 19, 2011

Nature Inspires Play

At the end of June a fellow teacher showed me a book called Inspiring Spaces for Young Children.
I found the photos of the environments so inspiring that I created a new play space.
The new play area provides material from nature to explore, discover and create.
It took the children about a week being back at school, exploring other areas of the rooms before they settled into this one.







It has been a pleasure watching the children use this area in very different ways.

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous idea! A great way to provide nature indoors (especially here in Northeast Ohio, where the weather limits our outside time.) And a great way to provide for those "nature smart' kids. I will definitely be checking out the Inspired Spaces book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely hang out in this corner.. Good choice using the grey mats too.

    ReplyDelete