Monday, March 23, 2015

Rolling Oats

Colleen, another facilitator in our district, told me about a set of food kits at our Learning Resource Centre.  In the past I’ve borrowed the ice cream maker kit when we made fresh ice cream.  I also borrowed the pasta maker but was a bit intimidated to try it.
              IMG_4233
                              This time I got the Grains kit. 
It has two grinders; one for seeds, like poppy or flax and the other is for rolling oats.
 IMG_4240IMG_4248
                   This is the oats roller.  It clips on to the table. 
            It has two steel wheels that the whole oats slip through.
               IMG_4239
                     Here are the oats before and after rolling them.
IMG_4249IMG_4247
                 We rolled enough oats to make apple oatmeal. 
                      IMG_4255
It was rewarding to learn how oats are rolled and be able to use them to cook a delicious snack.

Colleen has offered to give me a lesson on making pasta sometime.  I’m looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment