Thursday, May 24, 2018

In the Tall, Tall Grass

Another favourite author and book of mine, Denise Fleming's 
"In the Tall, Tall Grass".
It is a great book to add to my grand daughter's interest in bugs.
To bring the book to life I placed a mirror at the back of her table, 
then cut out pieces of green bristol board to look like the grass in the book.
 My grand daughter laughs every time she sees the cover of the book with the child peeking through the grass.  So I thought it would be fun for her to see herself peeking through the grass.
Then Dad introduced the book.
From my collection of stuffies I found the animals, bugs and other creatures that are in the book.
Mom and Dad took some time to help her discover all the creatures in her basket and play with them.
  Lots of playing after that modelling from mom and dad.
 Helping the creatures hide and move in, out, 
over and around the grass.
 
At the end of the day the creatures rest and wait.

The next day, outside in the back yard, we spotted something lying in the tall, tall grass.  The landlord's cat found a cool place to lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment